This website is operated by trustees of The Forresters Trust. We take your privacy very seriously therefore we urge to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about us and:
- the personal information we collect about you, our users
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information may be shared with
Who we are
The trustees of The Forresters Trust (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Information we collect
- a) Personal information you provide to us
We may collect personal information that you provide to us if you choose to send us an email.
- b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
How we use the information we collect
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
To identify and communicate with you in order to answer your request and manage any subsequent interaction with you.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:
Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your information secure
We will use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
All Data is stored on secure data servers.
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
We may ask you to pay a fee before sending this information to you.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- contact us using the contact details below
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
We do not conduct any direct marketing
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by: