Gwyneth Forrester Trust
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE
The Trust was established under a deed dated 6th April 2000 thanks to a bequest from Gwyneth Forrester who died on 11th February 1999. It is a registered charity number 1080921.
Grants are made annually in March and fall into three categories:
1. Annual funding support for three years at the rate of £10,000 per annum. The sixteen charities selected for grants commencing in March 2019 can be viewed here.
2. Disaster relief. In the current year we have made a donation of £15,000 to the Disasters Emergency Committee – DEC Coronavirus Appeal.
3. Our theme for the year ended 31st March 2021 covered support for charities whose vulnerability has been deepened or exposed by the Covid-19 pandemic. We sought applicants who could use our limited funds to greatest effect around the themes of
– Domestic Violence
– Asylum Seekers
– Mental Health
– Education (Children & Young People)
Grants are available this year up to a total of £725,000.
Themes for recent years have been as follows:-
– 2019/20 Homelessness
– 2018/19 Children in Crisis
– 2017/18 Support for the Elderly
Grants have been distributed in March 2021 and a full list can be found on our recent donations page.
Please be aware that we are not able to accept postal or email applications. Please note we are not able to enter into correspondence regarding applications as it is our aim to keep our administration costs to a minimum.