Gwyneth Forrester Trust
The Trust was established under a deed dated 6th April 2000 thanks to a bequest from Gwyneth Forrester who died on 11th February 1999. It is a registered charity number 1080921.
Grants are made annually in March and fall into three categories:
1. Annual funding support for three years at the rate of £10,000 per annum. The sixteen charities selected for grants commencing in March 2019 can be viewed here. No further awards will be made into this category until March 2022.
2. Disaster relief. In the current year we have made a donation of £15,000 to the Disasters Emergency Committee – DEC Coronavirus Appeal.
3. Our theme for the year ended 31st March 2021 covers support for charities whose vulnerability has been deepened or exposed by the Covid-19 pandemic. We are seeking applicants who can use our limited funds to greatest effect around the themes of
– Domestic Violence
– Asylum Seekers
– Mental Health
– Education (Children & Young People)
Grants are available this year up to a total of £725,000.
Themes for recent years have been as follows:-
– 2019/20 Homelessness
– 2018/19 Children in Crisis
– 2017/18 Support for the Elderly
Applications, which will only be accepted online through this website, will open on 2nd January 2021. Grants will be distributed during March 2021.